Please allow me to list some highlights you may find interesting about my Rope Making past (some of these are not posted on my ABOUT LES page).
- I am involved with Living History and have been researching and presenting programs on early American history (1800-1850) since 1980. I have been making quality hand-made ropes since 1988.
- I learned to make rope in the Boy Scouts in the late 1960's. I became re-acquainted with rope making in the 1980's using my Grandfathers rope machine (I was told that my Grandfather had made that rope machine in the 1920's or early 1930's.). Since then, I have performed and/or taught rope making at:
|Prairie Rose Chuckwagon - Benton, KS|
|Rail Road Days - Portola, CA|
|Plumas-Sierra County Fair - Quincey, CA|
|Nevada State Fair - Reno, NV|
|Michael Martin Murphey's WestFest - Deadwood, SD|
|Silver Dollar City - Branson, MO|
|Mall of America - Minneapolis (Bloomington), MN|
|Nebraska State Fair - Lincoln, NE|
|Utah State Fair - Salt Lake City, UT|
|Doane College - Crete, NE (as part of the Graduate Classes: "Nebraska Heritage" and "Lewis and Clark Bicentennial")|
|Fort Bridger State Historic Site - Ft. Bridger, WY|
|The Great Platte River Road Archway - Kearney, NE|
|The Centennial Anniversary of The Boy Scouts of America - Mahoney State Park - Ashland, NE|
|The Great Plains Chautauqua - Crete, NE|
|Numerous state parks; state and local historic sites; city, county, state festivals; youth organizaitons; elementary schools; museums; libraries; and numerous Living History events all across the United States.|
- I was inducted into the American Rope Makers Guild in 2005 and have been certified as a "Master Rope Maker" by that organizaiton.
- I was a Co-coordinator of the American Rope Makers Guild's 2006 National Rope Makers Convention and Fiber Arts Festival in Crete, NE.
- I attended the National Rope Makers Convention in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012, and 2013.
- I have written two books on rope making: "Rabi's Mountain Man Guide To: Making Rope" (1999) and "Olde Tymer's Guide To Building A Rope Making Machine With Instructions On How To Use It" (2010)